Full-Time Job - Finance: Senior Accountant (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: Matiti Safaris
Do you have great enthusiasm for the travel industry and passion for Africa and enjoy ensuring that clients travel arrangements are of the highest quality?
Then you might be the person we want to work with as part of our Finance Team.
Our goal is to ensure a high standard of excellence and professionalism and inspire a team that cares for our clients, stakeholders and for each other and the industry we work in.
• Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable.
• Producing error-free accounting reports and presenting their results.
• Analysing financial information and summarizing financial status.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Provide technical support and advice.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Manage accounting assistants/junior accountants.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Manage with tax audits and tax returns.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
• Manage month-end and year-end close process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Liaise with Managing Director to improve financial procedures.
• Proven experience as financial controller, accounting supervisor or senior accountant.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
• In-depth understanding of GAAP.
• Awareness of business trends.
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Pastel.
• Advanced MS Excel skills.
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
• Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant.
How to apply:
Please forward your one-page CV and a short motivational letter to [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
Applications close on 23 May 2022
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
Market Related Salary