Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Hospitality Manager / Front Of House Manager (Karasburg, Namibia)
Felix Unite River Adventures
Hospitality Manager / Front Of House Manager
Hiring Organisation: Felix Unite River Adventures
Hospitality / Front of House Manager
The post calls for experience and aptitude in general Hospitality-industry administration and controls:
• including Financial - processing of daily cash ups / of invoices / of wages / of petty cash / assisting with POS management / budgetary management, and reporting to and complying with the HQ Accounts Manager,
• as well as Operational – assisting with the management, supervision and control of all Service centres, ensuring rigid compliance to stock issue & transfer process / keeping track of staff leave / ensuring good health and safety compliance across all centres and being involved in daily operational activity.
Some of your primary duties would include:
• Supporting the Operations Manager in oversight of our Accommodation stock (19 x Cabanas & 1 x Honeymoon suite), our 65 seater Restaurant, Terrace bar, Shop and in-house Laundry facility.
This in turn would include:
1. Managing accommodation standards, including room checks to ensure quality of servicing remains high, and reporting on required maintenance issues daily. Also keeping control of Room consumables / ordering - such that we’re never without critical supplies.
2. Overseeing the Shop – Stock control / ordering / quality of display / pricing and cleanliness
3. Managing Restaurant standards in conjunction with the head cook – ensuring cleanliness / assisting with F&B menu creation and costing / stock / ordering & staff training.
4. Managing standards in the Bar – cleanliness / stock control and issue / ordering & staff training.
5. Overseeing the Laundry – ensuring cleanliness / ordering of consumables & appropriate handling and maintenance of linen.
• Supported by the Operations Manager, ensure rostering of:
1. Cabana cleaning staff and laundry team (6)
2. Reception staff ( 2)
3. Shop staff (2)
4. Bar staff (2)
5. Restaurant staff (6)
• In addition:
1. Reporting to the Orange River Operations Manager on a day to day basis.
2. Report on KPIs to Management + attend & participate in Management meetings.
3. Assist where necessary from time to time with other functions and Management Requirements.
Hospitality Manager - N$12,000pm - N$15,000pm – to start IMMEDIATELY
• 3 months on 2 weeks off (this time off cannot be accumulated)
• 5-day week with 2 days off
• Accommodation in managerial house includes electricity; water and gas for cooking / showers/bath.
• Staff meals x 3 per day from staff kitchen i.e. not restaurant
• 3 months’ probation
• No time off or leave over peak times
• No overtime, must work within the camp schedule
• Must perform duty manager shifts as per the schedule
MUST HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
MUST HAVE CONTACTABLE REFERENCES
PLEASE INCLUDE COPY OF ID
Applications Close : 7 June 2019
Email : CV + ID to : [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
If you have not heard back from us by the 14 June 2019, your application has not been successful
Job Experience Level
N$ 10,001 - N$ 15,000