Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Lodge And Farm Mangement Couple (Lüderitz, Namibia)
Lodge And Farm Mangement Couple
Hiring Organisation: Kanaan Naankuse Desert Retreat
Naankuse is looking for a dedicated and dynamic couple to manage the operations of the Kanaan Naankuse Desert Retreat in the south of Namibia.
The couple will manage the lodge that is situated on 33 000 hectares of serene nature nestled between the Tiras mountains and red desert sand dunes. The upscale lodge consist of 8 luxury tented rooms and 8 campsites.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
• Manage the day to day operations (including stock control, admin, service and reception, month-ends and salaries)
• Managing a team of ± 25 employees in terms of discipline, maintaining the highest service levels across all departments, maintaining and increasing the motivation levels, maintaining leave rosters and providing on-the-job training
• Handling of guests on arrival and departure, hosting, guiding (photography tours), as well as dealing with customer complaints and comments
• Daily, weekly, and monthly administration (Food & Beverage orders, sales of shop, bar, fuel, gas, sundry stock, petty cash)
• Ensure all furniture, fixtures, equipment, vehicles, generators and related equipment are being maintained
• Compile and submit weekly and monthly management reports
• Overseeing the “voluntourism” initiative on Kanaan
• A lot of driving is involved
• Namibian Citizens
• Driver’s license and PDP
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, -Tourism Management and/or -Travel and Tourism Management would be an advantage
• 3 - 4 Years’ hospitality- / tourism management experience and/or experience in a similar role
• High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
• A stable background in management and/or guiding in lodges
• Excellent management ability and communication skills
• Financial management skills
• Computer literate i.e. experience in any POS and reservation programs
• Strong Front Office & Food & Beverage skills required.
• Experience of Stock controls and management of month to month stock takes
• Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Solar Powered Systems would be an advantage
None of the work can be done remotely.
Salary is negotiable.
Food, accommodation, laundry, SSC and 50% NMC (medical aid) contributions will be provided.
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to: [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
(subject line: Lodge Management Couple - Kanaan)
Position available immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary