Full-Time Job - Manufacturing: Supervisor - Soap Production Planner (Swakopmund, Namibia)
Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd
Supervisor - Soap Production Planner
Hiring Organisation: Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd
• Grade 12 Certificate, Purchasing Management Degree or Diploma would be an added advantage.
• 3 - 4 years appropriate experience in a production and/or quality inspection environment
• Experience operating in a supervisory capacity within a fast-paced, highly pressurized production environment
• Valid Code B Driver`s Licence
• Certificate in Forklift Operations
• Hazchem certificate for the handing of dangerous goods
• Good computer skills (MS Office)
• Deadline focused
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to establish logical practical solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability and commitment to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by using appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
• Ability to work under pressure and be resilient
• Capable of exercising good judgement and professional conduct
• Good understanding of IBT deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
• Good numeric skills
1. Ensure the optimal work flow structures in order to maximise output and efficiency of the factory.
2. Implement the production plan by scheduling and assigning employees and completing the following:
a. Establishing priorities
b. Assigning tasks and monitoring progress
c. Revising schedules
d. Ensuring equipment availability
e. Resolving problems
3. Maintain work flow by monitoring the various steps of the process:
a. Setting processing variables
b. Observing control points and equipment
c. Monitoring personnel and resources
d. Studying methods
e. Checking mixing is done according to the standards
f. Implementing cost reductions
g. Developing reporting procedures and systems
h. Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
i. Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
4. Ensure that all stations are producing the products to the company’s quality standards and quality control the end product.
5. Ensure that all teams are producing to maximum volume as specified per day.
6. Control optimum production of the mixing and decanting machines.
7. Ensure that the machines are cleaned thoroughly.
8. Communicate any negligence issues or issues affecting the production factory in a timely manner to the Soap Production Manager.
9. Ensure the correct management of waste and residual material.
10. Provide manufacturing information to Management by:
a. Compiling, initiating, sorting, checking and analysing production performance records and data.
b. Compiling daily production statistics and submitting a written report on a daily basis to the Soap Production Manager, including submitting the production control sheets before 5pm.
c. Answering queries and responding to requests timeously and before deadlines..
11. Create and revise systems and procedures by:
a. Analyzing operating practices
b. Record keeping systems
c. Forms of control
d. Budgetary consideration
e. Staff requirements
f. Implementing changes
12. Be contactable in person or via phone at all times during working hours.
13. Ensure that employee-related issues are resolved by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
14. Coach the team daily in order that a common goal is focused upon and those business objectives are met consistently.
15. Hold a weekly meeting with the employees to discuss planning, requirements and staff issues.
16. Monitor and appraise job results and praise, counsel and discipline employees where necessary.
17. Ensure that employees are adequately trained and competent within their role, or receive the necessary training.
18. Completion of probation and performance appraisal forms of sub-ordinates when so required, and the timely return thereof to the HR Dept.
19. Check the receipt of raw materials in terms of quantity and quality. Supervise monthly stock taking.
20. Ensure that raw materials to be used in the mixing process have been quality checked and approved before use.
21. Report any broken or damaged machines in writing to the Soap Production Manager.
22. Co-ordinate with the Maintenance staff/Contractors to ensure that maintenance tasks are completed.
23. Fill in the maintenance requirements sheets and contact the relevant parties to fix the issues after informing and obtaining approval from the Soap Production Manager.
LOADING PREPARATION FOR TRUCKS AND VEHICLES:
24. See that all products are marked properly with product order number stickers and batch numbers.
25. Ensure that stock is packed accurately and is ready for delivery.
26. Ensure that all products are properly loaded onto correct pallets, wrapped and secured properly onto the pallet.
27. Ensure that every pallet is weighed and that for every pallet the correct load sheet is completed with all the relevant data.
28. Load and off-load products/goods and move them to designated areas by use of a forklift, pallet jack or other manual means.
29. Complete daily and weekly maintenance checklists of the forklift and all delivery vehicles, and submit thereof to the Production Manager for record purposes.
30. Monitor the hour reading of the forklift, and the km readings of all delivery vehicles in order to ensure the timely service/maintenance thereof.
31. Timely communication to the Soap Production Manager when the forklift is to undergo service/maintenance.
32. Ensure that vehicles are at all times clean and tidy (inside and outside) so as to maintain a good public image.
33. Supervise the scaling, mixing and decanting teams and manage day to day operations.
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
Market Related Salary