Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Assistant HR & Health & Safety Manager (Windhoek, Namibia)
Assistant HR & Health & Safety Manager
Hiring Organisation: Namibia Exclusive
Experience in the following duties is essential.
Training will be provided. Looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile and learn on the job.
• To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved.
• To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing and recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR management.
• To coordinate and or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire lodge & head office orientation program.
• Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
• Continually assess employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
• To coordinate and oversee all matters related to staff accommodation, facilities and transport.
• Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
• Encourage a good standard of employee conduct and behavior and coordinate disciplinary procedure s and when necessary.
• Ensures appraisals are carried out for every employee.
• Assist in communication of key messages to all staff.
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
• Assists other department heads / HOD’s in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
• Assists with and ensures that all procedures concerning promotion, transfer and staff resignation is carried on within company policy and also within legal boundaries.
• Assist with workers compensation / Social Security claims.
• Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training associates.
• Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and sure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
• Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
• Oversee the management of the recruiting process including position management and advertising.
• Develop and maintain confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and other important databases.
• Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Preparing & enforcing policies to establish a culture of health & safety.
• Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by employees and operations.
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle works or guest claims.
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Report on health & safety awareness and issues.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards.
Excellent skills in Microsoft office.
Must speak, read and write in English fluently.
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary