Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Luxury Lodge Manager (Anywhere, Namibia)
Luxury Lodge Manager
Hiring Organisation: Namibia Exclusive
Suitable to young/dynamic person; live-in position, applicants must be comfortable with living in a remote environment.
Management must be self-motivated. A hands-on role, the successful candidate needs to be efficient in all aspects of lodge management – front office, lodge-maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, stock-control, staff-training.
Communication/planning is of utmost importance; logistics will be the biggest challenge
• Minimum 4 years 5-star lodge Management
• Community project experience advantageous
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Exceptional time management skills
• Fine dining experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, sociable, extroverted,
excellent hosting skills
• Experienced in food & beverage
• Experienced in training, coaching and developing lodge
• Have technical ability, some knowledge of solar, water-
systems, vehicles, generators
• Administratively proficient, well organized
• Computer literate and able to use GoogleDrive and
other computer / internet based programs, knowledge
of a reservation-system an advantage.
• Bilingual; third language an advantage.
• Implementing SOP's in line of luxury operation.
• Encourage high levels of guest interaction
• Maintenance and overall running of the camp
• Apply a hands-on management style to uphold quality
standards and ensure staff productivity
• Manage the administration of stock requirements
• Oversee the organization of food and beverage
services to meet client requirements
• Maintain presentation standard of rooms and
• Respond to enquiries and requests
• Manage complaints swiftly and professionally
• Recognize good team performance on a continuous
basis through reward and recognition programs.
• Ensure orientations and training for new team members
are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds,
work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness
• Use constructive coaching and counselling when
addressing associates concerns.
• Be proactive and make sure that all of the information,
tools, equipment, and supplies needed for job are
• Understand different guest expectations and adjust to
exceed these expectations.
• Take responsibility for following through and ensuring
that all requests are met with a solution or an answer
that exceeds expectations
Remuneration: negotiable, depending on experience.
Working three months on, three weeks off.
Included: Accommodation, meals, transport while on duty.
Only persons with Namibian Citizenship or residence permits.
Email: [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview in early 2019
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary