Full-Time Job - Other: Business Analyst (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: Cronimet Mining Power Solutions Namibia (Pty) Ltd
CRONIMET Mining Power Solutions Namibia is a subsidiary of CRONIMET Mining Power Solutions GmbH. Together the company specializes in photovoltaic power solutions for the public sector and energy intensive industries and mining companies in Africa. Active across the entire PV project life cycle, CRONIMET plans, develops, engineers, finances, constructs and continues to operate and maintain the Independent Power Producers (IPP) it has developed. Our project develop focus is targeted towards smaller to medium scale on-grid power plants and off-grid captive PV hybrid (diesel, energy storage) power plants. Our geographical focus is bound largely to the African continent.
Based in Windhoek, the Business Analyst will closely work together with the Project Manager of solar projects in Africa and will be part of a dynamic and international IPP development team.
• Develop, deliver, maintain and implement standardized financial models and tools to measure the forecasted IPP and EPC pricing and timing against actual costs and timing incurred during the construction execution phase.
• Building, amending, populating and using financial models for project analysis and construction execution purpose
• To be responsible for providing quality, timely financial modelling advice to relevant team members, in a way that non- specialists can readily understand
• Counterparty for the validation and explanation of financial models to 3rd parties such as investors and financing institutions
• Support of external due diligences with auditors for certification purposes
• To support the design, set up documentation and implementation of an effective due diligence review process
• Suppoprt of lenders’ DD process, by using on-time digital data rooms
• Assist in meetings with senior professionals including legal teams, investors and developers and review investors documentation
• To demonstrate and maintain a reputation for excellence in building models and designing modelling activities
• Remain abreast of industry trends, marketing pricing, regulatory matters and market events affecting clients and the industry
• Presentation of financial results in presentations
• Degree in business, finance or mathematics
• 2+ years experience in finance of infrastructure projects, project development, or with a commercial bank or commercial finance advisory firm.
• In-depth understanding of financial modelling and conducting DD reviews within the renewable energy sector
• Understanding of cash flow based financing
• Ability to analyze complex information including numerical analysis
• Extensive experience in developing financial models and applying those models to real-world project execution
• High accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• Strong IT skills are necessary including Microsoft packages, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Excellent written and communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
• Profound understanding of accounting principles, general tax principals and tax rules
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Fluent English, further languages can be of advantage
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
Market Related Salary