Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Tour Guides (Anywhere, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: EasyStaff Job Recruitment Agency
TWYFELFONTEIN AREA - TOUR GUIDES
* I still needs CV's for these positions please *
* Please note that this position is not for Namibia Country Lodges or Twyfelfontein Lodge - it is in the TWYFELFONTEIN AREA *
1) Check-In of Guests
• Explain all information that is on the check-in procedures form
• Ensure that guests fill out the registration forms
• Discuss relevant activities on offer (Nature Drive, Twyfelfontein Excursion)
• Walk with the guests to where the housekeepers are waiting with their luggage to determine it is the correct luggage (in the case of a group)
2) Take guests out on activities
• Co-ordinate activities with other guides/ managers
• Write up activities on the activity board at the office door
• Write up activities upon your return in the guide book to be worked out on the end of the month for your activity bonus
• Hand Twyfelfontein/Burnt Mountain/Organ pipe sheets into management
• Clean the vehicles on the inside & outside
• Check the water, tyres & oil before driving of a game vehicle
• Always ensure you have a spare tyre before game drive departs!
• Ensure first aid boxes are on the vehicle and stocked
4) Preparing for activities
• Pack cooler boxes
• Collect blankets for the vehicles if it’s cold for the guests to take with
• Twyfelfontein Excursion is approximately 2.5hours. Guest have to be advised of a bit of climbing involved.
• Prepare for the morning drives tea and coffee with snacks from the kitchen.
• Guest are the entire time on the vehicle, especially in the morning. Advise guest on this especially if they have a back or hip problem.
• If no afternoon drive, go to the viewpoint and chat to the guest
• Do round up with the guest during dinner (but in between courses) to find if they would like to go on the nature drive in the morning, wake-up calls and lunch packets for guest leaving. Even if guests are booked for nature drive, speak to them to remind them of items to bring, times, etc.
6) Remember that you are the companies greatest embassador. Always be kind and courteous to the guests, but always put the animals first to ensure their safety and comfort
• Full car check with the Manager with the maintenance list
• Full medical box check list with the Manager
• Meeting with the manager regarding the animal movements & behaviour, Guest relations, staff behaviour & dress code, Problems that need to be solved
- Must have at least 3 years working experience as a Tour Guide
- Must be available immediately
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Must be presentable and neat
- Must have traceable references
If you qualify for this position, please forward and updated CV as well as a recent color photo to [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS OR WORKING EXPERIENCE
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary