Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Administrative Assistant (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: MATITI SAFARIS
What does an Administrative Assistant do?
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports, preparing various documents as required by senior management, maintaining appropriate filing systems and assist in The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive administrative assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
• Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
• Assist in ensuring a well organised, efficient and pleasant working environment.
• Assist in keeping costs related to the day to day running of the business at a minimum.
• Must be able to work independently
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Very good people’s skills
• High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
• Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Assist with Affirmative Action Protocol
• Develop and maintain a filing system
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures and employment contracts, job descriptions
• Research new deals and suppliers for office equipment
• Maintain contact lists
• Book travel arrangements
• Answer and direct phone calls when the receptionist is not available
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Provide general support to visitors
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
• The Administrative assistant reports to Senior Management in the following departments: Finance, Tour consulting, workshop, guiding
How to apply
• Send you one page CV in English accompanied by your letter of motivation with a maximum of 400 words to: vacanciesnam.gmail.com. The motivational letter must include 3 reasons why we should consider you the best candidate. It also needs to mention 3 weaknesses that you want to work on. Only applications received by email at this address will be considered.
• DO NOT add any other supporting documents. If you do your application will not be considered.
• The email heading on your application must state: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT VACANCY.
• Applications will only be accepted until 19 January 2018.
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
N$ 10,001 - N$ 15,000