Full-Time Job - Manufacturing: Chemist - Quality And Soap Production (Swakopmund, Namibia)
Chemist - Quality And Soap Production
Hiring Organisation: Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd
Reporting to the Production Manager with the responsibility for coordinating the testing of the products to meet formulation criteria and quality standards and the development and testing of new products. The position will be in Swakopmund, however will be moved to Windhoek within 6-12 months.
Key Performance Areas:
• Interpret and implement quality assurance standards and ensure the ongoing compliance with company quality and industry regulatory requirements.
• Inspect finished products and perform quick visual inspections regularly of the production processes.
• Ensure that product samples are taken, measured and tested, record the details of the pass/fail grade of products and ensure that all relevant data is recorded.
• Collect and compile statistical quality data.
• Communicate to relevant parties any negligence issues or issues affecting production in a timely manner.
• Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
• Assist in developing and testing new product formulations and documenting changes to current formulations.
• Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues and recommend action steps.
• Ensure that incoming raw materials are quality checked (for expiry dates, etc.) and inspect packaging materials.
• Supervise the Lab Assistant and manage day to day operations.
• Ensure that employees are adequately trained, competent within their role, and receive the necessary training.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Relevant B.Sc Chemistry/chemical engineering degree
• 1-2 years appropriate experience in a production, quality inspection or chemistry/laboratory environment
• Experience operating in a supervisory capacity within a fast-paced, highly pressurised production environment
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Good computer skills (MS Office, with Pastel an advantage)
• Knowledge of quality assessment tools, concepts and methodologies
• Knowledge of relevant quality regulatory requirements
• Deadline focused with excellent planning and organising skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to establish logical practical solutions
• Excellent attention to detail with highly accurate data collection, management and analysis skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and be resilient
• Good understanding of production deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
• Good numeric skills
Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd offers a competitive salary package. Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV with supporting documents to the HR Manager at [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.].
Closing date: 30 April 2018
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary