Full-Time Job - Information Technology: Php Developer (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: iWits Web Development and Design cc
iWits is looking for a Passionate PHP Coder that can take initiate like a Ninja.
iWits is looking for a PHP Developer who will be responsible for the development of both front- and back- end services such as websites, online business solutions, etc.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server- and client- side code and logic, definitions and maintenance of products produced by iWits.
Additionally, you will be responsible to uphold the current level of usability found within the solutions as well as conceptualise and develop new functionality to improve Online User Experience.
Characteristics of an iWits Developer
We are looking for an individual that can become an extension of the iWits team, thus we want individuals who shows:
- Initiative and excitement when working on new projects and ideas;
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and drive;
- Forward and innovative thinking;
- Passionate about digital solutions and learning;
- Oranisation and self-management skills;
- Analytical and logical behavior;
- Data Driven behavior;
- Natural Problem Solving skills; and
- An all-around team player.
- Building and integration of front-end elements (e.g. HTML, CSS, etc.);
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable custom PHP modules;
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural changes;
- Integration of data storage solutions;
- Write “clean”, well-organised code;
- Write “scalable” modules / code;
- Production / writing of technical- and functional- specifications;
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core CMS software and databases;
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle;
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of PHP, especially in terms of custom Object Orientated Programming (OOP);
- Understanding of fully synchronous behavior of PHP;
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance;
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or Web Server Exploits and their solutions;
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments;
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into a single system;
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds;
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Familiarity with MySQL/SQL databases and their declarative query languages;
- Understanding PhoneGap;
- Proven software development experience in HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL;
- Good knowledge of relation databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, etc.);
Application of Position
If you wish to apply for the PHP Developer position at iWits, kindly send an email to [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.] containing the following information and documentation on or before Friday 20 April 2018.
- A full copy of your CV;
- Reference letter’s (if applicable);
- A 250 pixel by 350 pixel Profile Photo of yourself;
- Link to any public Social Media Platforms;
- Portfolio of work (applicants will not be short-listed if a portfolio of work is not provided).
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
Market Related Salary