Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Tour Design Assistant In Our French Department (Windhoek, Namibia)
Tour Design Assistant In Our French Department
Hiring Organisation: MATITI SAFARIS
We are looking for a Tour Design Assistant with great enthusiasm for the travel industry and who is passionate about promoting Namibia. You will be responsible for booking travelling arrangements for clients and assisting Senior Travel Designer with preparing itineraries and travels of our guests. The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele.
What does a Tour Design Assistant do?
Tour Design Assistant responsibilities are aimed at assisting Senior Travel Designers in sales and organising of our clients’ travels. This will include booking travel arrangements, preparing various documents as required by the Senior Tour Designer, maintaining appropriate filing systems and assist in any matter which might arise including communication with clients. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. Great attention to detail is essential.
• Ensure the efficient and smooth assistance to the Senior Tour Designer.
• Assist in ensuring well organised travel arrangements for all the guests you are dealing with.
• Ensure excellent relationships with our suppliers and partners in the Tourism Industry.
• Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
• Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
• Demonstrable ability to handle crises
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Very good people’s skills
• High School degree; additional qualification in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism or relevant field will be a plus
• Assist the Senior Tour Designer in all matters as requested
• Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
• Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
• Supply travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
• Handle unforeseen problems and complaints
• Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
• Create and update electronic records of clients
• Maintain relationships with key persons
• Reach the revenue and profit targets
• Ensure excellent customer satisfaction
• The Tour Design assistant reports to the Senior Tour Designer.
How to apply
• Send you one page CV in English accompanied by your letter of motivation with a maximum of 400 words to: vacanciesnam.gmail.com. The motivational letter must include 3 reasons why we should consider you the best candidate. It also needs to mention 3 weaknesses that you want to work on. Only applications received by email at this address will be considered.
• DO NOT add any other supporting documents. If you do your application will not be considered.
• The email heading on your application must state: FRENCH DEPARTMENT TOUR DESIGN ASSISTANT VACANCY.
• Applications will only be accepted until 25 January 2018.
Job Experience Level
N$ 5,001 - N$ 8,000