Full-Time Job - Hospitality: Chef Assistant (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: WINNIE GUEST HOUSE
Description: Managing the kitchen, responsible cook meals for customers’ breakfast, lunch, and dinner and staff lunch.
Requirements: English, but Portuguese will be an advantage
Qualifications: Culinary Certifications
Experience: Minimum 5 years as a Chef
• Check freshness of food and ingredients
• Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
• Plan menus and quality of meals
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
• Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies
• Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
• Chefs and head cooks use a variety of kitchen and cooking equipment, including coolers, high-quality knives, meat slicers, and grinders. They also have access to large quantities of meats, spices, and produce
• Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods
• Plan and price menu items, orders supplies, and keep records
• Supervises and participate in cooking and baking and the preparation of foods.
• Maintain proper consistency in food quality and service daily
• Cook in quantity
• Use oral or written communication techniques
• Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into
• account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met • Check the quantity and quality of received products
• Record production and operational data on specified forms.
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients
• Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
Job Experience Level
N$ 3,001 - N$ 5,000