Full-Time Job - Retail: Accountant (windhoek) (Windhoek, Namibia)
Hiring Organisation: Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall control over Debtors and Creditors, as well as other accounting functions. He/she will also be required to provide assistance to the Financial Manager with budgets and forecasting, assistance with management accounts, with policies and procedures and overall accounting issues.
Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for the overall daily accounting functions of Debtors, Creditors, Banking, Cash, Loans, etc.
• Supervise the Debtors and Creditors clerks and their financial processes.
• Prepare weekly bank account reconciliations.
• Submit weekly VAT and SARS claims and conduct monthly reconciliations.
• Do the monthly General Ledger account reconciliations.
• Submit the PPE journal to the Financial Manager for processing onto Pastel.
• Prepare the petty cash account reconciliations and process them onto Pastel.
• Follow up on all debtors outstanding amounts via telephone if unpaid over a week past month end.
• Handle debtor enquiries.
• Review credit applications received from debtors and do the TransUnion checks.
• Assist in compiling and reviewing the suspended debtors list.
• Check the final reconciling payments for suppliers.
• Review payment runs which should be submitted to the Financial Manager.
• Assist the Financial Manager with budgets and forecasting, to develop and implement policies and procedures, with accounting issues/queries for various general ledger accounts and with the overall month end accounting functions.
• Be able to stand in for the Financial Manager when necessary in terms of assisting with compiling and distributing the daily sales figures, cashflow and point of sale recon review.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Financial Management/Accounting
• At least 1-2 years appropriate experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Computer literacy (MS Office especially Excel)
• Working knowledge of Pastel Evolution Accounting Software would be an advantage
• Excellent numeric skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytic, problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
• High level of integrity
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be resilient
Elso Holdings (Pty) Ltd offers a competitive salary package. Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV with supporting documents to the HR Manager at [Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.].
Closing date: 20 October 2017
Job Experience Level
Mid - Senior Level
Market Related Salary