Part-Time Job - Logistics: Junior Ships Agent / Admin (Walvis Bay, Namibia)
GAC Shipping - Namibia
Junior Ships Agent / Admin
Hiring Organisation: GAC Shipping - Namibia
Must be Namibian citizens or permanent residents (ESSENTIAL). Please note, ONLY Namibian citizens/permanent residents will be considered for this position....
Junior Ship Agent required for a project, 6 - 8 months contract with potential for permanent employment.
Basic freight, forwarding, logistics or ship agency knowledge, or studied.
• Tasks -
1. Correctly batch documents for customs.
2. Deliver documents to customs Operations Department instructions.
3. Collect documents from Shippers and agents.
4. Attend to the requirements of the ship in line with purpose of call as outlined in the QMS
5. Liaise with suppliers/service providers to arrange on time delivery of services / goods
6. Load shipments into vehicle when necessary or required
7. Assist the Marine Representatives as and when required.
8. Assist with data capture
9. Collect documents from clients as per instructions.
10. Collect shipment from clients for the Department.
11. On time delivery of shipments to clients.
12. On time delivery of weekly and monthly statements to clients.
Able to read and write clearly
Able to speak confidently to clients at time of delivery
Able to work under pressure
Willing to work overtime
Have own reliable vehicle
Good communication skills – Verbal & Written
Position located in Walvis Bay. Valid Drivers Licence preferred. Exposure to Customs / Port advantageous.
Start date: Immediately
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
• Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
• How many years of Exposure to Maritime experience do you have?
• Do you speak English?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
Job Experience Level
N$ 5,001 - N$ 8,000