Full-Time Job - Finance: Risk And Compliance Manager (Windhoek, Namibia)
Risk And Compliance Manager
Hiring Organisation: Cambio Seguro Foreign Exchange
Compliance and Risk Manager
Position: Compliance and Risk Manager
• Ensure that Company complies with the external rules that are imposed upon an organization.
• Compliance Manager is fully responsible to study and be fully knowledgeable in all areas of the Exchange Control Regulations, Financial Intelligence Act, AML( Anti-Money Laundering), counter-terrorism financing and the International AML Compliance Manual in order to be fully compliant in all areas of your job function
• Continually review internal AML to update changes as required
• Continually review and amend policies and procedures as regulations, acts and internal amendments
• Ensure that the Company remains compliant with Bank of Namibia departments
• Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
• Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
• Conduct environmental audits to ensure adherence to environmental standards.
• Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
• Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
• File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
• Evaluate testing procedures to meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
• Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas - planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the Company.
• Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
• Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the Company such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the Company's previous handling of risks.
• Establishing and quantifying the Company’s 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
• Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the Chief Executive Officer so she understands the most significant risks, to business to ensure she its aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
• Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
• Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
• Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
• Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Company.
• Deciding & Initiating Action
• Adhering to Principles & Values
• Relating & Networking
• Applying Expertise & Technology
• Learning & Researching
• Formulating Strategies & Concepts
• 3 Years advanced experience in law, auditing, risk management or compliance;
• Experience in compliance risk management and/or in the financial services industry;
• Ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations and other regulatory requirements;
• A general knowledge and understanding of banking, as well as legislation, rules and regulations impacting banking;
• Good computer literacy/knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express the logically reasoned ideas;
• Ability to think clearly and assess matters quickly and to solve problems with the minimum fuss and time;
• Ability to make/take calculated decision and to think forward and act accordingly;
• Knowledge of sourcing information (including internet).
• Law Degree/ Banking Degree or Finance Degree is required
• Member of the Compliance Institute in South Africa (CISA) and a certificate in Compliance Management would be a distinct advantage
Interested persons must send CV's and other relevant documents via email to: M[Email address withheld to avoid spam. Please log in to see application contact details.]
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary