Full-Time Job - Manufacturing: Mixer - Soap Production (Swakopmund, Namibia)
Mixer - Soap Production
Hiring Organisation: Elso Holdings Pty (Ltd)
The incumbent will be responsible for correctly and efficiently mixing the chemicals and water needed for the soap production section by means of following strict measurements, procedures and protocols as well as adhering to all the relevant health and safety standards.
Key Performance Areas:
• Maintain work flow by adhering to the various steps of the mixing process and completing the work timeously so as not to delay the decanting process.
• Study the methods, requirements, and quality standards for the mixing of each product and mix accordingly.
• Weigh the specified chemicals on the scale and pour/pump the chemicals into the mixing machine/tank.
• Check quality, quantity, packaging and measurement of raw materials before putting anything into the mixers.
• Ensure that the mixer, mixing equipment and mixing containers are properly cleaned before mixing a product.
• Test the Ph of the water before adding any ingredients.
• Activate the mixing tank agitators and mixes, set the timer and check that all ingredients are completely mixed.
• Heat chemicals when required and adjust the temperature as necessary, adding the product to the mixing tank at the appropriate temperature and pouring rate.
• Check the Ph and the viscosity of the mixed product, obtain and submit samples to the Lab for quality analysis, and make the recommended adjustments to correct any quality deviations.
• Control optimum production of the mixing machine.
• Use the required documentation/production sheets and check that they are accurately completed and signed.
• Correctly manage waste and residual material.
• Plan, organise and prepare for the mixing of the next batch, and for the following day’s mixing requirements.
• Check the general maintenance requirements for the mixing machines and equipment and report any problems or deviances.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Grade 10 or Grade 12 Certificate with maths and science
• 1-2 years appropriate experience in a production environment would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Ability to precisely follow written and verbal mixing instructions
• Adhere strictly to all safety precautions and PPE (personal protection equipment) requirements
• Ability to work under pressure
• Be able to work individually and as part of a team
• Good numeric skills
Job Experience Level
Market Related Salary