Full-Time Job - Administration: Cashier And Receptionist (Windhoek, Namibia)
|Remuneration:||Market Related Salary|
|Description:||List in order of importance the major responsibilities of the job |
1. Greet and assist visitors/customers and ensure each customer receives outstanding service
2. Maintain orderly appearance of the reception area
3. Answer incoming calls within 3 rings if possible and handle caller’s inquiries
4. Direct calls to different departments/persons
5. Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
6. Handle all incoming faxes, distribute to relevant person or department
7. Send faxes for staff members as and when required
1. Maintain orderly appearance of register area
2. Receive payment in cash, cheque, credit cards or debit cards
3. Issue receipts and change due to customers
4. Ensure adequate cash is available
5. Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions
6. Calculate total payments received and reconcile with total sales
7. Count money at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct
1. Receive and screen calls and visitors to managers office
2. Make and update appointments of managers in his/her diary, and co- ordinate
3. Arrange for managers’ meetings and organize venue & refreshments
4. Attend to all travel arrangements for managers or visitors as required
5. Compile documents/reports/agenda & take minutes at meetings for managers
6. Distribute agendas and other docs to relevant parties
7. Copy and file documents as required
9. See to courier arrangements for collection and drop off.
10. General admin support for sales staff
11. Co-ordinate all Human Resource matters with Chantel across the road.
12. Open and maintain a file with all important correspondance, contracts etc. egarding internal Obeco operational matters. ( eg. FTG Systems, Nashua )
13. Every Friday, co-ordinate & update the Saturday duty- & voluntary lists with Nadja across the road.
D. Sales and Client Services
1. Make quotations for walk in customers and telephonically
2. Handle customer queries regarding products
3. Create invoices Cash and account, manual and on system
4. Attend to incoming claims and follow up on claims.
5. Make suggestions to clients on products
6. Introduce new products to clients
7. Attend product knowledge training regularly
8. Order stock items from supplier as instructed by management
9. Follow up on outstanding orders from Suppliers
10. If stock on system low when creating an invoice, report to supervisor
11. Ensure on continuous customer satisfaction feedback – after sales or at receiving or delivery
Incumbent be able to communicate fluently in English and Afrikaans
What kind of work experience (including length of time), training, and/or level of education is necessary for this position?
Grade 12. At least 2 years in similar position and office administration. Able to read and write. Customer Service training and Selling Skills will be an advantage
Technical skills Required (typing, computer skills, etc.): Microsoft office, Excel, Power Point, switchboard and fax machine operation
O. Behrens & Co (Pty) LtdLilian Willemse
Log in to see more contact details, including Email Address.
This job can not be applied to anymore.